Tuesday 1 November 2016

Partical experimentation (Document & Reflect)




This is was just a test to animate a potential scene for my final animation, I did not focus on how the character appeared but I was just looking at the scene and colours in general and how they would work as one for the final. my plan is just to do the same scene repeated twice with two different set of colours for the separate animations, just to see how people perceive on image based on the use of colour.  


This is from my ppp3 work, it is a design for a clothing line which I recently did I tied it into my Cop 3 work because it involved an strong use of colours and I wanted to find out what peoples thoughts were on the colours used, I also did this for my short test animation above.

Response 1 - "It makes me feel awake and alert because there is such a clash of colours in the pictures"

Response 2 - "It makes me feel chill... like fresh because of the purple"

Response 3 - "Creeped out lol"

Response 4 - "Makes me feel like I'm tripping on acid & I love the candy in the background it also makes me feel sweet & gives me a warm feeling, since the girl is red, it makes me feel a little dark, if she was purple or baby blue it would make me feel more balanced."

These comments from my primary research above show that the specific meanings for colours can change based on peoples personalities or perceptions of colours. It is almost like the colours don't really have a set meaning, the feelings felt are based of personal experiences because people I have questioned about this issue all have different emotions towards the came colours.

based on Response 4, I personally would not consider the image to be dark apart from the use of red could be seen as aggressive to me, but in places like china who consider red to be a lucky and black as the colour of piece/brightness this image might be seen as a positive representation in the eyes of Chinese people, maybe this is the reason for their choice of a red flag because the red could be considered as lucky and the yellow for the stars is probably a symbol of piece and happiness.

Chinese Flag




No comments:

Post a Comment