Thursday 22 December 2016

Primary Research into Illustrators

                               
                                https://www.instagram.com/wizzadaking/?hl=en

(Columbia) Wizzadaking Quotes:

"My art style was inspired by semi realistic anime/mangas because it looks mature and I can give a complex story, and Japanese culture, mostly Chanbara movies and Ukiyo art."



                                              https://www.instagram.com/dirtyrobot/?hl=en

(Japan) DirtyRobot Quotes:

"My drawing has changed so many times over the years and I guess it will continue to do so as I keep drawing and evolving as an artist and person."

"Personally my fav colours are blue and black however, for my work anything goes depending on the image. I tend to stick with limited colour palettes as well."

"I never try to draw any style other than what I feel is true to me. Being in japan I can see how far left my work actually is in comparison to anime."


                                              https://www.instagram.com/199hates/?hl=en

(Argentina) 199Xmau Quotes:

"I like the red color, but all the colors are subjectives."

"I like the Japanese world, the traditional stuffs and ornaments."

"I'm attracted to the design of Japanese stuffs."

"And on the other side I like gangs, groups, urban cultures."


For my primary research I have interviewed a few Illustration artists who are very similar in the way the represent their work they all take a like in Japanese and Urban culture, this is shown in their work and the colours in which they use are completely different based on their own taste, the quotes above are how they felt about their work and the way they believe it represents.

The reason for picking these artists is not just at random, it is because they have the same likes I have in relation to Japanese and Urban culture, I have always tried to find artists out in the open which combine these two different cultures. Its very rare, but I hope to see more artist working like this in the future.

The artist are also from different parts because I didn't want to stay local, I feel it would be better to get the opinions of the people who live across in other countries because people around the world have different perception about matters like colours and the way images are represented.

E.g. “Black is the colour of mourning and death in industrialised west, whereas in China and India it is white”
(Dabner, D., Calvert, S. and Casey, A. (2010) page 32)




No comments:

Post a Comment