Friday 1 July 2016

Website 1 - Rob Dobi

http://www.robdobi.com

Rob Dobi is a poster artist who focuses on Graphic illustration, the website above is has his own personal work displayed. This website has no relation to animation but it works well with my idea of communication because Rob Dobi focuses on creating images which communicate through both colour, images and also his composition. My goal when looking for relevant websites to my theme is to find artwork that visually communicates by making me thinking and try to understand both the artist and His or Her work through depiction and hidden messages, Rob Dobi's website has me both thinking and trying to understanding his work but also presents the elements I have previously been talking about in that he uses small thing like e.g. colours and composition to help convey a message. This website presents me with so many pieces of work to evaluate and look at because there is variation and it demonstrates how pictures can communicate differently which is a key point in which I would like to highlight in my experiment. I really like the website for its variation and composition because everything is different and communicates with me different based on my perception and how Rob Dobi wants to communicate. 

This source would be very useful for my up and coming project because it presents me with various images to examine but also might compare well with the ideas I might have for my own final piece, it gives me the chance to think about the type of idea I could come up with based on its variation, when I look at this site, I feel spoilt for choice because I think their are so many good concepts on this site I could used to inspire my idea from the basis of the e.g. Images, display, concept, colours, Composition. Maybe I can apply some colour and illustration to my work when I can start working on my idea because I notice that this site focuses on poster illustrations which use a lot of colours to communicate which is what I plan to use for my ideas, I still researching and thinking about my concept carefully before jumping a head because I want my messages to be clear when people look at at my final piece e.g. have I used a shade of red that maybe considered aggressive based on its brightness and shade.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment