Sunday 25 October 2015

Establishing a research question

 In this seminar we talked about formulating a question for our up and coming 3000 word essay this could be anything and must be able to link or compare to animation.

Form my question I have chosen the subject of stereotyping people in relation to real life, my following question is :

Why are stereotypes featured in animations and how are they perceived ?

I chose this subject because I strongly feel over the years that stereotyping has played a big part in TV and broadcasting, I would like to highlight the facts and my understanding of stereotypes and how people are generally perceived through animation as a media and the links draw through previous history, where it has steamed from and why, what are peoples perceptions of this issue.

I will be using the following books and article sources:

 Articles:

Berger, J. (1972) 'Ways of Seeing', Harmondsworth: Penguin.

Marx, K. (1970 [1846]) 'The German Ideology', London: Lawrence and Wishart.

Rancière, J. (1991) 'The Ignorant Schoolmaster: Five Lessons in Intellectual Emancipation', Stanford: Stanford UP

Books:

- Peter, R. (1996) Racism and the end for Anthropology African Images:Oxford: Berg

- Mark, C. (2002) Black identity in the 20th century:London: Hansib publications limited (1978, [1985]-[2003])

- Edward,W. (1978, [1985]-[2003]) Orientalism:London:penguin: Penguin Group

- Gen, D. (2000) Black visual culture:London: I.B.Tauris & Co Ltd

- James, D. and Ali, R. (1992, [2003]-[2005]) Race, Culture & Different:London: The open university








  

No comments:

Post a Comment