Monday 23 May 2016

Related Quotes

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/picture


  • “The face is a picture of the mind with the eyes as its interpreter.”



  • “Every now and then one paints a picture that seems to have opened a door and serves as a stepping stone to other things.”



  • “A picture can tell a thousand words, but a few words can change it’s story.”



  • “A picture held us captive. And we could not get outside it, for it lay in our language and language seemed to repeat it to us inexorably.”



  • “The world before us is a postcard, and I imagine the story we are writing on it.” 

For this research seen here, it has been all about finding relevant quotes symbolic to the of pictures painting words. They say a picture paints a thousand words so I went about trying to find relevant quotes relating to the idea of art communicating something through imagery, needed significant and powerful statements which deeply expressed the means in which a picture could express emotion or tell some kind of visual story. The idea I get when looking at these quotes is that they try to be really descriptive and use a lot of metaphors and similes to communicate what a picture makes them feel. What I am trying to Understand when searching these quotes is what in any picture would triggers these thoughts is it the e.g. colours, Image it self, style in which it is presented.

The reason for searching these quotes in particular is because I needed quotes which talked about the issue of visual communication, like the ones above I wanted them to be very detailed when it came to expressing what pictures are like with communication, so I could build and understanding of what perceptions different people gain from looking at an image. Whilst researching these quotes, I was trying to build and image of a piece of art, trying to imagine my own idea of what each quote was talking about. The reason why I want to use these quotes is because they could potential help me develop my own ideas when it comes to my practical reason mainly for the reason that they are really detailed in their descriptions and this could help me imagine some ideas which could be potentially useful for my final piece.

Doing this research has helped me reveal sites and text I was not able to find early, I have previously been struggling to find quotes and text relating to my current idea because it is not a commonly talked about subject. I mainly think I tend to look in the wrong places and type the wrong things so I will now know to use sites like the one above and will browse the libraries for books about illustration that communicate and will try and find out the intentions of the people who made the illustrations in them, I have not yet found any books with quotes or other sites with quotes but I will continue to research in order to find more quotes but this is a significant starts because the quotes could be used in my dissertation it self. This research has moved my project in the right direction because it has given me direction in what type of quotes I need to be looking for.

"what would be the meaning behind this image ?"





No comments:

Post a Comment