Wednesday 18 May 2016

Related subjects number 1

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/features/illustration/18-tips-for-telling-story-through-artwork/#1




This is a post about a narratives in books mostly focusing on the images used, In my proposal I have said that I want to be looking at both images and text that reflect modern day depiction and images communicate with an audience through the colours used and the way they are presented in appearance. So far I had struggled to find much about this subject until I arrived at this page because there are not many articles which talk about the matter of the representation of images and the way it makes them feel. I like the idea of my project so far and think the concept of conveying emotion from an image and colour would fun because it will involve a lot of experimentation and thought what images I could present and a list of ways they can be depicted, the most exciting thing about this is that I am not restricted, there are no rules to what ideas I can come up with and how they should look because art is a both free and expressive practice.     

I chose this idea mainly because I think it will be both a challenging and exciting project to work for the reason of liking to communicate feelings and emotions through visuals myself. I like to use a lot of colour on the images I draw which can be too much for some people, but I do this because I like to be expressive in  my representation of something. I like this project because it sounds very experimentive and will allow me to get out of my comfort zone and try new things, which means I am open to do anything.


I haven't developed away of applying this research yet, but know that this information is very useful for the research into my idea, because it provides valuable information I have been searching for since proposing this idea based around the importance of visuals and how they might present a message through presentation, This alone has helped to move my project forward because it is providing with little tips on what whys I could apply the methods other illustrators use to help my work communicate its own message.  

No comments:

Post a Comment