Thursday 19 May 2016

Related subjects number 3

http://lilfuchs.com

http://www.juxtapoz.com/news/music/music-video-flying-lotus-qzodiac-shitq-for-adult-swim/

Adam Fuchs is said to be the creative brains behind the animation for Flying Lotus's Zodiac Shit. I have been looking at his website to help guide my project in terms of my direction. I Like his style of both his animation and illustration, his page is very colourful and reminds me of the Pop art for its use of multiple expressive colours and a lot of his images look funky and they have a modern pop art feel to them through the use of colours and the both 2D digital style of which they are animated in. I plan to use this page for further research and inspiration because it already is focused around the current idea I have on the basis of it being based around music videos, sound and colour. I can use this for guidance because it could help me generate ideas and could be useful for my final animated response, but I would say that this to early to say at this point because this is early research and I am still trying to understand my chosen subject, which is visual communication. 

I was really interested to find out who was the creator behind the Zodiac Shit animated video after my previous post, I have always known about this video for some time but have never been able to find out who created the animation. The reason for looking at this page was not just for inspiration alone, it was because I am both a fan and really interested in Adam Fuchs's work up till this point I never knew who he was but inspired by the style he uses in each of his pieces. I Like his art and his page so much because they are related to the type of animation I want to work with for both in this brief and my future career as an animator. I Just find its exciting and fascinating how colour, images and music can communicate so much through images with out meaning and use something so small with no dialogue or story. They always say that pictures paint a thousand words and that is what I want to investigate and solve as a problem for this up and coming project, because visuals are what my work is revolved around and I like to work with communicating messages visual because I feel that there is a sense of power behind images and why the represent with in society and I want to try understand what elements with in a picture makes people feel a certain way and what are peoples devised opinions about an image e.g. colours, lines.

Looking at Adam Fuchs art page as a source has helped me with the being stages of my idea because it has opened my eyes to the possible ideas I could work with for both my animated response and the direction in which my dissertation could take when I come to talking about my interest with visual communication. This source has provided me with visuals and a style to follow in which I can develop my own style and use to tackle the response to my essay and gives me a rough/vague ideas of what visuals I am going to experiment with and even potentially the mediums I am going to use when working with both my practical research and my final piece.





  
 
Little Dragon | Nabuma Rubberband album teaser from lilfuchs on Vimeo.


 
Flying Lotus | Zodiac Sh*t from lilfuchs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment