Wednesday 18 May 2016

Related subjects number 2


I google searched Pop art as an art movement because it is a form of art which has influenced my work since studying art for sometime. It is also a form of art which expresses feeling and emotion through the multiple colours that each piece uses. I really like how each piece is planned out and the composition of colours used, with my current art style I like to use a lot of colour because I believe it gives each piece I produce character and makes it more lively and fun because there is more going when you look at both the image and range of colours involved. Using this work as inspiration works very well for me because my intention is to use both images and colours to communicate feeling and emotion for this project in a similar format to the images above.

Reason for using Pop art as a movement is because of its colours and the way the images are presented with in each piece but I will be using this as a guideline for my work because it is the way I want to present my up and coming pieces for this module. Looking at this subject will help move this project in the right direction because looking at sources like these will give me a guideline on what type of colours I am to produce when experimenting and producing my final piece.


Looking at these images gives this project direction because doing this has provided me with a few rough ideas for thumbnails I could potentially create and the possibility of making of what my final piece could potentially look like, I have not fully decided on my final look, this the early stages of my work and I am not rushing into any finals just yet, I still plan to explore more about pop art in later research, I think this brief will involve a lot of experimentation because it is not just focused on one style but pop art is an open movement.




This is a music called Zodiac shit by Flying Lotus which use a concept I am thinking involving a lot of colour and line movement, it is very similar to pop art in that is uses a lot of colours and images to define the characters it uses but communicates a sense of feeling and emotion through its visuals along with music.


I really like the style of this animation because it uses a style in which I like to animate with in the sense that it is line based which is how I animate and the colours are very bright, I would link this to pop art because it is brightly colourful and expressive in its visuals and how it moves. Personally chose to use this for inspiration because it is animated in how I am planning to animate my future piece for this brief.


Flying Lotus's animated music video has been very helpful in giving me a direction of how I could animate my final piece but also has worked along side the research of pop art as a movement to give me a vague image in my head of what my work could possibly look like, I just plan to keep using this as both an inspiration and target/goal for my self to reach when creating my final piece because I think looking at this as a guide will help inspire me more and can even help me generate more ideas.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ScYz9sNaQk   

No comments:

Post a Comment